Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School

Kai had his first day of his second year of preschool. He has been waiting for this day since the end of may when preschool ended. He loves going to preschool and he loves his teacher Mrs. Heap. He is so happy to have friends in his class and is excited to go 3 days a week instead of just two. I wasn't too sad about him going but I do feel the time slipping through my fingers like sand. So I wanted to capture the moments I could and cherish them. Kai is such a big boy now but he's still my baby.

Also, I should add that a year ago on his first day of his first year it was on a day I worked and I couldn't be there. It broke my heart. So this was a healing experience for me. He has learned and grown so much over the last 12 months he blows me away. I admit I get exasperated with his why questions from time to time but I love his natural curiosity. I hope I can help nurture his love for learning. He can be so sweet and he loves to make friends. I want him to maintain his innocent confidence and always befriend others. He is such a little stud!

 Getting ready to go in the morning.


TJ wanted to be a part of the actin. His face here is priceless!

 Kai is excited and ready to go!

 Here starts my step-by-step shots. 
Step 1: Get out of the car. 

Step 2: Look at your mama like she's crazy because she is following you wither camera. 

Step 3: Hug your brother good-bye. 

(Awwww! My heart melts at the love these two share.)

Step 4: Adjust shorts before walking in. 



Step 5: Wave good-bye to your mom :)

I followed him in since it was the first day and had to capture this moment with his teacher Mrs. Heap. He loves her! He wrote his letters and numbers just for her so he could show her he remembered. So sweet!

 First project on the first day.

At the end of class I wanted to get one more shot of him in front of his daycare. 

Making a funny face as he poses with his name art. 

I posted this one because I think he looks exactly like his Uncle Enoch in this shot. 

My silly boy Kai running to the car at the end of the day (he looked both ways first). 

No comments:

Post a Comment