Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Week in the Life

So our family always has an interesting schedule. David works graveyard so that means he is sleeping when we're awake. This can make life difficult, but we do the best we can. On days that I don't teach I try to take the boys outside a lot (when the weather is good) or keep them happily occupied to minimize the screaming. I anxiously await the moment in the afternoon when David will wake up. Some days it takes a lot of self-control to not wake him up earlier to help me with the boys, but usually when the boys take an afternoon nap that is when I get my second wind for the day.
Big Smile!
When I do teach then the boys go to either their Grandma Fiso's or their Aunt Lisa's for the time I'm at work. These are the days when I think David gets better sleep, but he is really kind not to complain a lot. Our evenings are usually taken up by some sporting event or another. Be it baseball, football, basketball, or all three depending on the season. Other nights we are content to relax at home as a family watching TV, coloring, playing with toys, surfing the internet, or whatever keeps us happy.
Too cool 
Saturdays are usually at home watching football and/or with family doing fun activities. Sundays we go to church, relax, and spend time with our loved ones. Each week I try to do something fun for the boys like go visit a friend or family member we haven't seen in a while or go on a bike ride, to the library, or the park. I love my boys and we manage to live day to day and hopefully appreciate each moment we are given with each other. (Even the moments when there is a lot of whining...hehe) Following are some pictures of my boys that make me smile. TJ is starting to sit up and Kai is still sucking his thumb,
Leaning forward is the best balanced position so far
Falling over! (notice the pillow for a soft landing behind him totally not helping
Not only does TJ have a great facial expression but you can also see how impressed Kai is
Raspberries while sitting
Whatchu lookin at?
Kai decided that TJ needed sunglasses
Then he took them back
TJ is getting really good at reaching for toys
Kai likes giving his little bro toys to play with
Still my li'l gunslinger... thumb in mouth and finger in nose

No comments:

Post a Comment